ABOUT INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP
AAMC institutional members contribute to the organization by providing the central funding for the organization each year. We are confident that the growth of the AAMC will continue to reflect the support and desire of museum directors across the country to see the curatorial profession flourish and serve both our institutions and the larger museum community. Our sliding scale dues structure is based on an institution’s budget.
The AAMC is continuously expanding its programming and networking opportunities, this includes webinars, events, awards, mentorships, and overall professional development. One complimentary individual membership and complimentary registration to the Conference for an AAMC member on staff are new benefits of institutional membership. Please note neither of these benefits can be applied retroactively, and will take effect as institutional members join or renew in 2016, and then as the individual joins or renews.
Current membership benefits include ability to post positions on artcurators.org, access to our resources and member portal on artcurators.org, AAMC's e-news about programs and opportunities, and recognition of support.
For more information about becoming an Institutional Member, please email aamc[at]artcurators[dot]org.
FAQ ABOUT INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP
INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- As institutional members renew or join in 2016, AAMC is pleased to present the added benefit of a complimentary individual membership to a membership eligible staff member. Please note that the waived membership dues will not be applied retroactively, and will take effect when the individual member renews or joins. (presents a savings on average of $100 - 200)
to post employment and fellowship opportunities for
curatorial, research, faculty or internship positions that are related to the
curatorial profession on the AAMC website, artcurators.org (without membership this is fee of up to $250)
- Waived Conference fee for a staff member (without membership an additional cost of over $100)
of the museum’s support of curators, in AAMC's Conference program and with an acknowledgement to and link back
to the museum on the AAMC website
- Ability to list exhibitions available for travel (only available to members)
to a comprehensive and detailed member curator directory, which is searchable by first and last
name, organization or institution name, field of study or specialty, and city,
state, and country
- Regular e-communications and e-newsletter about programs, symposia, award
submissions, news, development opportunities and exhibitions available for
to host an AAMC event at your Museum
- Discounted rate on advertising within our Conference Catalog
copy of the 2007 handbook, Professional Practices for Art Museum Curators
Institutions may inquire about institutional membership by emailing aamc[at]artcurators[dot]org.
|Museum Annual Operating Budget
|| Dues Amount
| $1-2 Million
| $2-4 Million
| $4-6 Million
| $6-10 Million
| $10-20 Million
| $20-100 Million
| Above $100 Million