|Select Your Member Type|
Categories of AAMC Membership
Individual membership is open to art curators, regardless of geographic location, as we accept international members, with direct responsibility for works of art at non-profit organization. In addition, art curators without direct non-profit art organization affiliation, not working in the commercial sector, are welcome to apply for membership, and should see our membership application for additional information needed for review by the membership committee and AAMC executive director.
- Networking opportunities with curators in varying fields, career levels, and organization size
- Eligibility to attend our Annual Conference, the largest known gathering of curators and a unique opportunity for networking and professional development
- Educational webinars for professional development and additional programs
- Program participation eligibility, including Mentorship Program, and grants, and awards for travel, research and development
- Ability view and post classifieds for curatorial positions on AAMC’s website
- Annual subscription to our e-newsletter
- Comprehensive and detailed searchable list of member curators
- Interactive member only section of artcurators.org that includes a private membership discussion board, resource documents, and archived programs, including all webinars and conference sessions
- Ability to list exhibitions available for travel
- Access to the digital version of the Professional Practices for Art Museum Curators and AAMC Compensation Review, 2006 and 2014
- Opportunity to be part of a unified voice of curators responding to major issues affecting the profession
Dues are proportional to annual salary:
AAMC institutional members contribute to the organization by providing the central funding we need to continue our programming each year. We are confident that the growth of the AAMC will continue to reflect the support and desire of museum directors across the country to see the curatorial profession flourish and serve both our institutions and the larger museum community. Our sliding scale dues structure is based on an institution’s budget, following the AAMD guidelines, but at a significant reduction in the contributions. For more information about becoming an Institutional Member, please click here.
The AAMC has developed an undergraduate and graduate/post-graduate level web-based Student Forum. If you are a full-time student interested in pursuing a curatorial career, please register below. Your registration will ensure that you are added to a moderated discussion forum. The Forum is a place to share information and ask questions of curators currently working in the field. The ultimate goal of this Forum will be to establish a full AAMC membership category for students within the organization.
3/16/2017Support of the NEA and NEH
1/30/2017Visa and immigration executive order